Butternut Squash Soup
1 tbsp olive oil br>
˝ onion, peeled and sliced
1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
˝ butternut squash, peeled and diced
290ml/˝ pint chicken stock
55ml/2fl oz milk
This was said to serve one, I doubled it and seem to have enough for 4 !!
1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes to soften.
2. Add the garlic and squash and heat for a further few minutes.
3. Pour the stock into the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the squash is soft.
4. Stir the milk into the soup and heat for one minute. Cool slightly.
5. Transfer the mixture into a food blender and process until smooth.
6. Pass the soup through a sieve and then return to the pan to warm through.